A teenage girl 14-15 years old, which sacrificed about 500 years ago, all ages past have lain in the ice on top of a mountain with a height of 20000 feet. Next to her found the frozen bodies of two young victims of the seven year old boy and six year old girl.
(7 pics + 1 video)
1. Instead of traditional DNA testing, scientists have studied proteins in tissues and found that in apparently healthy girl had a bacterial lung infection resembling tuberculosis. The first infection was detected in mummies.
2. A group of researchers from City University of New York, led by Angelique Corthals examined samples of mummies.
3. Unique mummy was discovered in 1999 on the slopes of a volcano Llullaillaco, which rises to 20000 feet above sea level on the border of Argentina and Chile.
4. It was found three mummies, which, in contrast to the embalmed Egyptian counterparts, was subjected to deep freezing. The body of a seven year old boy also began to study, but to explore the remains of six girls scientists have not yet solved. Probably, it once struck by lightning, which may affect the accuracy of the research results.
5. Most likely, the three children were sacrificed, as evidenced by being near them artifacts of gold, silver, clothes, bowls with food and extravagant headdress of white feathers of unknown birds.
6. Historians suggest that the children were selected by the Incas for their beauty (in addition, children were considered more pure beings than adults). Inca is not often brought children into the victim.
7. In previous research it was established, before they bring children into the victim, during the year they were fed luxury foods — maize and dried llama meat, although usually they ate only peasant food, consisting of potatoes and vegetables.