Helmut Newton is one of the outstanding photographers of the twentieth century. He has long since become an acknowledged classic of photography. Unsurpassed master of the erotic genre once uttered the phrase that became a textbook – “Sex sells”.
We offer you a selection of the most iconic and famous photographs of Newton.
1. Jodie Foster, 1987.
World famous Newton brought a series of photographs of celebrities, which stars are imaged at the same time, sensual and cold. It should be noted, the combination of incongruous in the works of the photographer have always caused many discussions.
2. Monica Bellucci
3. Ralph Fiennes
5. Cindy Crawford
6. Linda Evangelista
7. Sigourney Weaver
8. Catherine Deneuve
10. Creative way of Helmut Newton is quite varied and colorful, and for connoisseurs of photography skills Newton’s first connected with his staging…
11. …which made a real revolution in the big world of fashion and photography.
12. “Calendar” 2001
13. The result of his work was probably one of the most expensive books in the world titled “Sumo”, published in 1999, which contained the main works of the author, and was worth 3 thousand dollars. But this book is striking not only for its cost and content, but also its parameters and weights dimensions – 50 × 70 cm, weight 30 kg.
14. The author told about himself and his approach to photography: “Bourgeois women are more erotic than a hairdresser or a Secretary. Elegance, education, the environment — I believe in these things; sometimes I’m ashamed of it, but it’s true. A woman of high society sexual in nature. The women I shot are available, but their availability depends on the time and money you can spend. My work is very vulgar – the creative process in General is inextricably linked with bad taste and vulgarity.”
15. “Nude in the pool”. 1975. One of the auctions this photograph was sold for 15 000 USD.
16. Nadja Auermann – leggy model from the 80’s and 90’s.
17. Non-professionals difficult to understand what is mastery of some of its masterpieces, but for that time – all that Newton did, he did the first.
18. His ability to see in the world that is not noticeable to most of us, and led to his universal recognition.
19. Bergstrom over Paris, 1970.
20. One of the most famous works of Newton, his self-portrait. To the right is his constant companion and sometimes mentor, his wife.
At auction Christie’s a few years ago this picture was sold for 140,000.